Although your skin maybe perfectly clear of any breakouts this doesn’t mean you’re out of the danger zone. Basically whether or not you suffer with acne or you have the clearest of skin a breakout can appear at any time if you do not clean your skin properly. Breakouts and spots are caused by a build-up of bacteria within the pores becoming infected so ultimately, it is clean skin rather than clear skin that is important.
Clean skin is not a hard achievement; in fact, it’s pretty easy; all you have to do is follow a few easy steps…
• First of all you should steam you face; this doesn’t require any high tech spa steamers all you need is your kettle and a bowl. Boil the kettle and pour the boiling water into a bowl. Put a towel over your head and hold the bowl of water near to your face for between five and ten minutes.
• Next, wash your face with warm water and apply a suitable cleanser for your skin type. Try the Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution – ideal for dry skin types.
• Make sure that you rinse all of the cleanser off your face; when all of the soap has gone, rinse it again with cool water – this closes the pores.
• Pat your face dry with a clean cloth – rubbing spreads bacteria causing further infection.
• When your face is completely dry moisturise with a product that is suitable for your skin type such as Intensive Moisture Balance – again ideal for dry skin.
Remember clear skin may be happy skin but clean skin, is healthy skin.