2017, aunt, bath, bed, bike, birthday, blender, blog, cake, cinema, clothese, control, credit card, CV, date, day, diary, dog, Facebook, friends, gossip, happy, husband, January, journal, letter, level, library, life, lipstick, live it, local, meditate, mum, news, pop, red, Relax, run, short, sister, sleeping rough, smile, smoothies, social media, sore, sunshine, Vitamin C, volunteer
We know that a start of a new year can be a time when many of us make endless resolutions so we can be the very best we can.
The thing is, January is cold and dark and even with the best will in the world, getting out of bed in the dark and running 10 miles to be super fit, can be, well, miserable.
So we have come up with a list of 50 really easy things you can do to make yourself happy in 2017 and to be honest, that’s what really matters.
- Write down three good things for each day in a journal – even on the hardest of days there is something good.
- Plan something fun to do each weekend.
- Don’t gossip.
- Say hello to your neighbours.
- Listen to your favourite song, everyday.
- Have a bath before you go to bed.
- Call your mum, sister, aunt, husband once in a while rather than just texting.
- Eat clean, or at least eat healthy.
- Go for a walk at lunchtime.
- Read a book.
- Donate to charity and give back.
- Really listen when someone is talking to do.
- Skip the news.
- Make a cake and eat it fresh from the over.
- Light candles.
- Get a dog.
- Take up a new sport.
- Don’t have the argument.
- Clear out the clutter.
- Send birthday cards don’t just post a message on Facebook.
- Drink hot water and lemon when you wake up.
- Don’t pop that spot on your chin, it’ll make it red and sore.
- Become a volunteer for a local cause close to your heart.
- Get on your bike and peddle your way to fitness.
- Have a manicure and feel polished.
- Turn the TV off and do something less boring instead.
- Start a blog.
- Wear a new lipstick.
- Don’t keep anything for best, life is short, live it.
- Go out in the sunshine and up your Vitamin D levels the next way.
- Tell someone you love them.
- Make use of your local library.
- Don’t gossip.
- Get a blender and make your own smoothies full of goodness and health benefits.
- Sign up for a challenge and stick to it.
- Meditate everyday, you will feel the benefits and it will become a part of your routine.
- Book a spa day for you and a friend and really relax as you catch up.
- Update your CV and get the job you have always really wanted.
- Ask your man to marry you – it isn’t a leap year but take control and get a date in the diary.
- Host a party and let your hair down.
- Apply to be on a talent show.
- Go on a digital detox and leave the world of social media behind, even for a few hours.
- Book a holiday and have something amazing to look forward to.
- Have a make over and only wear the clothes you love and the ones that make you feel great.
- Pay off that credit card bill.
- Write a letter.
- Buy lunch for someone who is sleeping rough.
- Go to the cinema in the middle of the day.
- Smile, did we say that already?
You see, all easy to do and all with great potential for making you happy.